Florida auto insurance is mandatory. As it is with all other states. There are federal and state laws regarding the purchasing of car insurance. As you may already know, every state has a minimum level of coverage you must have. While some states have extremely strict rules, while others do not. FL is a state with these strict rules. The number one thing you need to know before shopping for coverage is that this state is a no-fault policy.
What is a no fault insurance state?
The state of FL is a no fault policy state according to https://floridainsurancequotes.net/florida-auto-insurance/. You will find that the state follows a no fault system. This system works like this: Each person in an accident will pay for their own damages with their policy. A basic no fault policy will consist of these three parts.
- Personal Injury Protection – If you become injured in an accident, this will pay for your medical expenses.
- Property Injury Protection- No fault will pay up to a million dollars for damages your car caused to other peoples buildings or fence.
- Liability Insurance-This protects insured persons from being sued due to an auto accident.
What are the minimum car insurance requirements?
Before you decide to start collecting any Florida auto insurance quotes, you will need to know what the minimum insurance requirements are. FL law requires that all vehicle owners are to maintain a certain amount of coverage. This will help protect you and the driver in the event of an accident. Be sure that you keep an eye out for the minimum amounts of coverage required for vehicles.
- 10,000 for the injury or death of a person whether it be yourself, a passenger, or the other driver
- 10,000 for any property damage
- 10,000 per person in medical payments coverage
How do I begin shopping for auto insurance in FL?
Now that you know the basics, auto insurance quotes Florida residents need are just around the corner. Gather your quotes here to start getting an idea of what rates are and how much coverage you will need. Remember the minimum requirements!